Saturday, June 7, 2008

The Last Lecture

At the onset of my leaving, I would like to quickly point out the book, The Last Lecture by Randy Pausch. After seeing his famed lecture online (http://video.google.com/videosearch?client=safari&rls=en-us&q=Randy%20Pausch%20Last%20Lecture&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&um=1&sa=N&tab=wv#), my life would never be the same. I was touched by his honesty, wisdom, and life lesions. He is an unforgettable man, and is dying from pancreatic cancer with over 10 tumors in his liver.

I have never seen such a remarkable man, he's has the brilliance of Einstein, the wisdom of Franklin, and the tenacity of Stephen Hawking. His book, The Last Lecture, surpasses that of any masterpiece. It comes from the heart of a remarkable man, and it will be cherished for years to come. Not only that, it will also be a guide for his kids who have to live with out a father.

"The brick walls are there for a reason. They're not there to keep us out. The brick walls are there to give us a chance to show how badly we want something." Pausch's book is rich with wisdom that will not be easily forgotten. The Last Lecture will make you laugh, cry, and most of all: appreciate the beauty and value of life.

The is my handbook as to how I want to live my life.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Brennon, what an inspiring tribute. I had 4read of this book but not yet purchased it. Now I will get it tomorrow and reflect on its wisdom and care from now on. Thanks for your wonderful review.

Anonymous said...

Your review is tremendously moving. It makes me want to read this book-of-a-lifetime and follow its lead. What giant of a man!

blogger templates 3 columns | Make Money Online