Sunday, August 23, 2009

Liam Nesson + Astrophysics = ??

Today I noticed the release of a new mini-documentary on Hulu, narrated by none other than Liam Neeson. Black Holes: The Other Side of Infinity is a great little movie that provides a good basic introduction to black holes so the non-astrophysicist can understand the core concepts. I was happy to see that the producers included some information on wormholes and white holes as well, two important ideas that are sometimes overlooked. Its always interesting to me to see something on Einstein and his theories. His perception of spacetime (yes, one word) is incredible to say the least.

Seeing this documentary was perfectly timed for me, as I've just gotten around to finally reading Death by Black Hole by Neil deGrasse Tyson, who is also a Nova host from time to time. If you find this interesting, check out Brian Greene's The Elegant Universe, the very book that sparked my interest in physics. What I really like about astrophysics is how little is really understood, and the universe is just waiting to be discovered.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey, thanks for the heads-up about the spelling of "spacetime". I'm just in time to fix a paper where I hyphenated it like seven times!

blogger templates 3 columns | Make Money Online