Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Orion Programming: A new Division of BW Science Labs

BW Science Labs has had a lot of behind-the-scenes work done lately, an while the actual blog may have seemed desolate and un-updated, much work was being done. One of many of these projects is Orion Programming, a new division of BW Science Labs. Orion will be my portal for all of the software I write, since this blog is currently incapable of hosting files and embedding Flash projects.

The Orion Programming site was built primarily in preporation for my first Flash and ActionScript 3 game ever, which will hopefully be released sometime this week. I haven't built a web-based game since my early days as a young(er) programmer using MIT's Scratch, and while its artwork is ugly at best, I'm very happy with the 700-800 lines of code that have gone into this project.

Going slightly off topic, I am also working on a new robot whose aim is to be as low cost while still advanced as possible. Right now it doesn't look like much, but when it does I'll write up more about it.

It's good to be back in the normal flow of BWSL projects, as always let me know your thoughts and ideas via commenting on this post or pinging me via email.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now I'm eager to learn more about your Orion as well as to learn about your new robot. Will it be one we can reproduce easily without your lab equipment?

Brennon said...

Yes, robotics usually doesn't require too much equipment, especially for this little guy.

blogger templates 3 columns | Make Money Online