Wednesday, October 14, 2009

In Honor of Nerd Day: Some Crazy Math Problems.

Today was Nerd day at my school. For many, this day promotes new possibilities in wild apparel, and for others it presents no change. However, to honor the spirit of Nerd day, I thought I'd post some problems from this year's National Mathematics competition. I originally had a packet of problems from my school's math club (a.k.a. the Neighborhood), but of course I lost that packet after about a day. For those of you who do these things for fun, happy nerding. The rest of us can at least imagine what it would be like to solve these. Hey, imagination is more important than knowledge... right?





If you are cackling at your monitor right now, let us know, I'm curious to see how a mathematical mind would solve these.


Nerd warfare: more casualties than you might imagine.



The credit for these problems and image goes to UNL: where nerds plot our destruction.

0 comments:

blogger templates 3 columns | Make Money Online