Wednesday, October 21, 2009

SFXR- Free sound effects for Flash games!

Here's the thing, I love programming. I love the whole process of writing code and building a functional program by speaking a language the computer will understand. However, I really do not like painstakingly drawing art one little image at a time. On top of that, I have no idea how to generate sound effects for any of my programs. While I still have to brave out the whole art thing, at least I've solved the sound effects issue. A software engineer named Thomas Pettersson created a program called SFXR, which generates sound effects really easily.

The program lets you fiddle around with the dials to create the sound you want, or better yet you can keep hitting the "random" button until you hear something you like.



As you can see, I resort to clicking the "explosion" button a million times until I'm satisfied. While it would be nice to know what "Phaser offset" (Star Trek reference of some sort?!) means, I'm completely content with my "random" button.

Click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click

0 comments:

blogger templates 3 columns | Make Money Online