Sunday, November 2, 2008

Evil Postcards at you Digital Doorstep

The other day I was emailed about a virus that was spreading. I never put much stock in chain-mail, but in this case I would rather be safe then sorry.

I checked Snopes.com because there was supposed to be a page on it there. However, Snopes's catch phrase is "Rumor has it", not "fact has it", so I remain skeptical. However, Snopes did present some accurate data, and its article seemed to be based upon facts. You can read about it here.

All the same, do not open any emails that have anything to do with ecards or postcards. Contrary to what the chain-mail might tell you, this virus is not necessarily the "worst virus ever", nor is it new.

It is possible that it leads the recipient to the Storm Worm, which you can read about here.

I do not recommend opening any emails entitled:



Good luck, and please let me know if you receive any emails like this.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is alarming! Thank you for the warning-- now I am on the look-out for any of these email overtures. I would not have known without your information.

Brennon said...

Happy to help. As I said, I can't confirm anything, but its a good idea to be on the look out anyway.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the heads up. It is nice to come to your website and learn so much valuable information. Thank you again.

blogger templates 3 columns | Make Money Online